With evidence-based results to support its success, the MOREOB Program has enjoyed significant growth and recognition across North America. In fact, it’s expanded to include more than 260 hospitals and 13,000 participants.
Regardless of varying size and acuity levels of these hospitals, the effect of the MOREOB Program is evident at every one of them. The Program creates, builds and sustains a working environment where professional autonomous silos, organizational hierarchy, communication gaps and uncoordinated teamwork are eliminated. This increased communication and teamwork has also had a direct result on the quality of life of caregivers.
With the MOREOB Program approach, change is incremental -- ensuring that a culture of safety becomes embedded into practice. To measure their Birthing Unit’s outcomes, MOREOB Core Teams are given the tools they need to track progress and benchmark their results against other hospitals also undertaking the program.
In over 10 years of North American MOREOB Program activity, participating hospitals indicate that it has:
- Improved outcomes and reduced harm to mothers and babies
- Decreased liability incurred costs and average cost per claim
- Improved standardization and consistency of care practices
- Improved and sustained patient safety culture
- Increased core clinical knowledge for participants in all hospital care levels
- Created an environment where participants wanted to stay engaged
In addition, independent study data found that The MOREOB Program had significant and lasting positive effects that saved lives:
Corine Firck RN MN, Thanh hguyen MD MPH PhD, Philip Jacobs PhD,